Friday, April 12, 2013

Resurrections of the blog sort

So hello all.  For anyone still happening to come to this blog every now and again, I'm sorry to say I've been out of the blogging loop for awhile.  I was trying to get into the rhythm of posting once a week but like most bloggers I ended up getting a little too busy.

I hate the thought of being a 10-post wonder, as many blogs end up being.  We write a few good posts and then disappear for awhile.  My excuse is that my old roommate was moving out, with a new one moving in, some major living arrangement changes, stuff at my job intensifying, and trying to maintain some form of a social life.

Things have settled down enough now I may be able to post every now and again and I hope to do so.  The big reason for my triumphant return is Erik Tenkar's Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day.  The blog list is growing by the day and I've sent an email to Erik asking to be part of the list.  I hope I'm on there, and even if not, I'll be doing a blog post about good ol' S&W.  It's my current game of choice and now that I ACTUALLY have a gaming group going (sort of) that's the system we are using.

Tentatively, my topic is going to be 'Why play Swords & Wizardry?' though I think there will probably be a lot of other bloggers doing something similar.  I look forward to reading all the reviews, new monsters, opinions, thoughts, etc. on the 17th! 

In other news, Frog God Games' shipment of the S&W Complete stuff arrived a while back.  Everything is really spiffy and worth a look.  The new Monstrosities is excellent, and it's wonderful to have sitting next to my Tome of Horrors Complete. 

My OSR gaming bookshelf continues to grow, with a copy of DCC RPG on it's way.  I wanted to find a copy of the Gold Foil Limited Edition but all copies at vendors I frequent are sold out.  I missed my chance I suppose.  I'd like to make a larger post or series of posts int he future featuring all my OSR products and my general thoughts on each of them.  Not a true review, but a quick paragraph for each.  Might prove useful to a prospective buyer.

Anyway, thanks for reading.  See you on the 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment